Friday, September 6, 2013

CLOSE THE CURTAIN, PLEASE!

The moon silhouette behind my semi-opened curtain. Calmness, hush, stillness. One perfect night for contemplation before bed time. But out of the blue, here comes a message: less expectation leads into extra surprises. The universe has just whispered it right after the moon break open the black clouds.

Sound of horny geckos somewhere in the ceiling. An annoying – intermezzo, entr'acte, interlude. One clear intervention to bring me back into realm before bed time: what was that mean? Hence the universe’s whisper exponentially dilute into the air. I’m now whispering to my own self right after the black clouds vanished behind my semi-open curtain.

“None of us can choose what surprise tomorrow will bring; none of us can escape it.” The moonlight answers, perhaps. I heard no voice come out of my throat. “Then why do you keep questioning what you expect – less, more, or even something in between?” it continues.

“I don’t even think I expect something.” I’m trying to defend myself with a big lie. Who the hell was that – the moonlight or perhaps the horny geckos – which brave enough to judge what I’m thinking?

“There’s a difference between expecting nothing at all than less expectations. Less expectation means you still expect something, even though it’s too small to be counted,” here comes the voice again – the moonlight or perhaps the horny geckos.

“Is it?”

There’s no answer, only the moonlight and the horny geckos.

Five seconds …

Thirty seconds …

One minute …

Still there’s no answer.

I rise and walk to the window. Grab the curtain’s rope and expel the moonlight – also the horny geckos – out of my chamber. “I don’t want big surprises; a small one will be more than enough already. I’m sorry, I have to close the curtain. It’s time to sleep now!”


“Have a nice dream, you there!”

No comments: